22 November 2008

The Two Sisters

Some friends and people who meet me are surprised I wrote THE TWO SISTERS because they think it is dark. Just today I told someone that my book, GROWING PAINS – 10 short stories about growing up, is totally different from THE TWO SISTERS, so I guess I am just versatile. Storytelling of any kind has always fascinated me; I was the kid in school who loved when the teacher read to the class. I guess that is why I read to my students now.

During the writing process for THE TWO SISTERS, I learned a lot about bipolar disorder, including how it affects people who have it and the people around them from the film's consultant, psychologist Charlotte Houston, Ph.D. Not all bipolar people are violent, but being the reasonable person that I am it made sense to provide a reason for having the two sisters be angry and subconsciously seeking vengeance for how their mother died. Celeste Yarnall, who plays “Nurse Louise,” suggested that I include an illness and she was correct. It made the story more realistic and I received two award nominations for the script. Celeste (http://www.celesteyarnall.com/) used to manage screenwriters, so I kind of thought it would be a good idea to follow her advice.

Thank you for the feedback. I love creativity and embrace the gift I was given. I plan to write many more stories that will intrigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Novel: THE TWO SISTERS

My new novel, THE TWO SISTERS, is available for purchase:  The Two Sisters by Terri Dawn Arnold . The story has crime, drama, and mystery. L...