09 November 2009

Fringe

In April I started watching the science fiction drama series Fringe (on FOX Television Network). At first I was confused because the stories are “out there,” and I had to learn the characters. However, I kept watching, hoping to gain an understanding of the concepts. I love being challenged!

Now I look forward to watching episodes every Thursday night, and even have a favorite character. I like Agent Phillip Broyles, because I see him as the most intriguing and complex character on the show. Also, Lance Reddick who plays Agent Broyles is an outstanding actor.

Thanks to writers of the episode “Earthling,” which aired last week, series spectators are able to see a brilliant example of how multidimensional a character Broyles is. In this story I carefully observed his significance, as he takes a huge risk by defying a superior, and viewers learn about his personal life, which brings versatility and a level of mastery to this series that I think was missing. Obviously there are other aspects to this episode, but I hope Agent Broyles continues to be more dominant in stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Novel: THE TWO SISTERS

My new novel, THE TWO SISTERS, is available for purchase:  The Two Sisters by Terri Dawn Arnold . The story has crime, drama, and mystery. L...