12 January 2009

Slumdog Millionaire is a Winner

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE deserved each of the awards it won at the Golden Globe Awards last night: Best Screenplay (Simon Beaufoy), Best Score (A.R. Rahman), Best Director (Danny Boyle), and Best Motion Picture Drama. I stated in my December 10, 2008 entry here that I thought SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE was very unique and refreshing, which is why I am so excited for everyone who worked on the movie.

While watching the Golden Globe Awards, I enjoyed seeing the cast and crew celebrate as each award was given. I particularly liked how presenter Freida Pinto (“Latika”) said that the movie has made her country (India) proud. Later when the Best Motion Picture Drama award was received, producer Christian Colson said that now the premiere in India will probably be a celebration.

To the cast and crew and anyone else who had anything to do with making SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE: Congratulations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Novel: THE TWO SISTERS

My new novel, THE TWO SISTERS, is available for purchase:  The Two Sisters by Terri Dawn Arnold . The story has crime, drama, and mystery. L...