26 January 2009

Slumdog Millionaire Wins Again!

Of course I was thrilled last night when SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE won a SAG Award for Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture! I especially liked how Freida Pinto took the time to acknowledge the young actors in the movie. They were stupendous and deserve recognition. Dev Patel also deserved his nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

In addition, I was excited that Richard Jenkins was nominated for Best Actor in THE VISITOR, but disappointed that he did not win. His performance was superb. See my December 10, 2008 entry to read more about THE VISITOR.

I want to see DOUBT and THE READER. These are two movies I have not seen yet that seem extremely intriguing. I like both Meryl Streep and Kate Winslet, so I know I will enjoy seeing them in their award winning performances. I am glad they were honored last night, just as I like seeing the very talented Sally Field win for her role in television’s “Brothers and Sisters” and James Earl Jones receive the life achievement award.

Unfortunately, Brad Pitt has not won an award for THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON. I think he was magnificent in the movie, and really hope he wins an award for it. Another movie that has not even received award recognition is GHOST TOWN. It is a comedy/fantasy that “marches to its own drummer,” if you will. The movie provides laughter and some romance. If you get a chance to see GHOST TOWN, do not pass it up. The movie is fun to watch and stars Greg Kinnear, Ricky Gervais, and Tea Leoni. To learn more about GHOST TOWN, visit the official Web site: http://www.ghosttownmovie.com/#/home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Novel: THE TWO SISTERS

My new novel, THE TWO SISTERS, is available for purchase:  The Two Sisters by Terri Dawn Arnold . The story has crime, drama, and mystery. L...